Tweet

Monday, February 27, 2012

To a Better Body...

Today I made a decision to workout this flabby lazy body of mine.  I quit smoking and I waited a while before doing any exercises because I wanted to make sure that my lungs had recovered enough that I dont cough and splutter at every movement and also everytime I used to "workout" I would stop when it got too hard or I got tired and use the excuse that I needed a smoke.

Well not anymore!

So anyways I just finished doing my first set of exercises. Which is like a freebie home made insanity type workout, which comprises of these exercises:

The set-up is simple.

After you warm up by jogging for 2 minutes, you will do one exercise 20 times, then do a moving exercise for 50 metres (or 2 minutes, if indoors) followed by the next exercise, without rest.

After you finished the whole set. You rest by jogging for 60 seconds. And then you go again!

How many sets? As Much as you can do before you collapse!

Stationary exercise     Reps     Moving Exercise
Push Ups                  20        Sprint
Inverse Crunches      20        Knee-ups
Squats                     20        Heel-ups (kick your heels to your butt, every step you make)
Burpees                   10        Lunges (do this slow..see it as your break)
Lying Leg Raises     20        Jumps, with both feet next to each other

WHEW! that was hard work!

Ok, technically I only did up to the burpees and I only did 4 and I stopped after this exercise but hey man get off my back OK? I haven't worked out since before I hit the 25 year mark. And all these spare tyres I'm carrying can get really heavy!  I know Im making excuses but at least I'm getting up and giving it a go, right?

*in tiny voice* ...and I got a cramp in my arm after doing push ups...

Boy I was huffing and puffing after just a few short minutes and I feel like I should do more...but because of my procrastinating nature I will say I need to put the garbage out and clean the kitchen, although to be perfectly honest, the only reason why I decided to work out was because I was putting off doing these chores!

Oh man, will I ever succeed in life?  I think to myself "probably not" (because I have this idea in my head that if I keep at it, that blogging will make me money...pfft), but I will say out loud "Yes I will." Im duplicitous like that. Think one thing, say another...story of my life!

Oh well...

Here are my short term goals:

 *To work out everyday
 *To lose 10kgs (I'm 165cm and 7okg)
 *To be able to do more than one set

So there we have it.  That seems to be reasonable enough.  I'm sure I can muster up some motivation everyday for some exercise.  OMG, give me strength!
Anyways I better get to those chores.

"Procrastination is the theif of time."


...and John Key is an IDIOT...
...and Paula Bennett is an fugly SLORE...

No comments:

Followers

Pretty Pics...

Pretty Pics...
Oh wait thats me...lol

Find me...

Powered By Blogger